- The following explains our Policy. If you do not agree with our Policy, please do not use IMT’s (“Site”), submit via the contact form or click on any links, login through any portal, subscribe to our newsletters or publications.
- This Policy covers how IMT treats the personal information that we collect and receive related to your use of the Site.
- “Personal information” refers to any information about you that is personally identifiable, e.g., your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, and any other information that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This Policy does not apply to the practices of people or companies that IMT does not own, control, employ, or manage.
- IMT respects the privacy of children. The Site is not designed to be used by children younger than 13 years of age. If you are under this age, you should not provide any personal information on the Site without the knowledge and permission of your parent or legal guardian.
By using this Site, you agree to be bound by, and to comply with, these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not use this site.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these Terms and Conditions at any time. Unless otherwise indicated, amendments will become effective immediately. Please review these Terms and Conditions periodically. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes and/or modifications will constitute your acceptance of the revised Terms and Conditions and the reasonableness of these standards for notice of changes. For your information, this page was last updated as of the date at the top of these terms and conditions.
Information Collection and Uses
- IMT may collect personal information about you when you visit and use the Site, and when you submit your contact info, register, or subscribe to our publications and communications (such as an email mailing list).
- When you take any of these actions, we may ask you to provide information such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, and other personal information. Additionally, when you subscribe to IMT online publications and communications, we may collect information regarding your browser type or IP address.
- IMT does not sell, rent, lend, or give personal information about you to third parties. But certain federal, state, local, or other government regulations may require that we disclose some personal information about users of the Site. It’s also possible we could be required to provide such information in connection with a legal proceeding or enforcement action. In such cases, we will use reasonable efforts to disclose only the information required by applicable law, court order or legal process.
- IMT may use the personal information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the IMT product information or publications or communications that you have requested or subscribed to through the Site;
- To communicate with you regarding IMT products and upcoming product releases, and IMT events and promotions;
- To keep you informed of newsworthy information relating to IMT and its business;
- To deliver and track software updates; and
- To customize the content of our website, publications and communications.
- We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers, to administer the Site, and to monitor the total number of users who visit the Site.
- Many of the purposes we use your information for are helpful to provide our technical support services; others are for legitimate interests such as research, data analysis, understanding site analytics. Where we use your information for legitimate interests, your information will only be used per your specific request to engage with IMT. Where our use of your information is based on your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time as set forth in this Policy.
- We retain personal information we collect from you only where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (in connection with the purposes set out as above). When we no longer have a legitimate business need to use your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is requested or possible.
California Residents & CCPA Update
- This section provides additional details about the personal information we collect about California consumers and the rights afforded to them under the California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA.”
- IMT does not sell and will not sell any customer data (as such term is defined in the CCPA). Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides California consumers the right to request the specific personal information we collect within the normal course of business communication, to delete their personal information, to opt out of future communication, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
- California consumers may make a request pursuant to their rights under the CCPA by contacting us directly at email@example.com We will verify your request using the information associated with your account, including email address. Government identification may be required. Consumers can also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on their behalf.
European Union (EU) Residents
- If you are a resident of a Member State of the EU, you have a number of important rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In summary, these rights, which must be made available to you free of charge, include:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your personal information
- Access to your personal information
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- Claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
- For further information on each of these rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individual’s rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/
- If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please:
- Email or write to us at the contact information provided at the bottom of this Policy
- Let us have enough information to identify you
- Let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driver’s license or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill)
- Let us know the information to which your request relates
- The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) Member State where you work, normally live, or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.
- IMT may provide users of the Site with links to general or limited access interactive areas (e.g. bulletin boards or blogs) for feedback, comments, or discussion related to IMT services or topics of general interest to the professional audio community. We have no control over postings to such interactive areas and shall not be responsible for the content of such postings. However, we reserve the right to delete any postings we feel are inappropriate.
Forward Looking Statements
Cookies and Other Technologies
Your Account Information and Preferences
- IMT respects your right to control how your personal information is used. At any time, you can ask us to delete or change personnel information you have provided to us through our Site by contacting us at the email or mailing address provided at the bottom of this Policy.
Confidentiality and Security of Your Personal Information
- IMT implements physical, electronic, and managerial procedures that we believe are appropriate to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online.
- We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
- IMT also has procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data breach where we are legally required to do so.
- If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org.
- IMT reserves the right to take proactive steps to unsubscribe users at IMT’s discretion.
If you have questions about any of the content in this Policy or wish to delete or edit personnel information you have provided to us, you can email or write to us at:
IMT Laboratories, Inc.
832 N. Victory Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91502
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitations of Liability
- THIS SITE MAY CONTAIN INACCURACIES AND TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. WE DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE MATERIALS OR THE RELIABILITY OF ANY ADVICE, OPINION, STATEMENT OR OTHER INFORMATION DISPLAYED OR DISTRIBUTED THROUGH THE SITE. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT: (i) YOUR USE OF THE SITE, INCLUDING ANY RELIANCE ON ANY SUCH OPINION, ADVICE, STATEMENT, MEMORANDUM, OR INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN, SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK; (ii) THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS; (iii) EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT; (iv) WE MAKE NO WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THIS SITE, THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ADVERTISED OR OFFERED OR MERCHANTS INVOLVED; (v) ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK; and (vi) YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR FOR ANY LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
- YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, ANY OF OUR SITES OR MATERIALS OR FUNCTIONS ON ANY SUCH SITE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY.
Policy for Handling Electronic Mail (email) Messages
EMAIL MESSAGES SENT BY EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES OR CONTRACTORS OF IMT, RELATING TO IMT’S SERVICES, RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT, BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED BUSINESS, AS WELL AS ANY ATTACHMENTS TO SUCH EMAIL MESSAGES, MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION OF IMT.
Unless you are notified otherwise in writing, or unless the content of the email message and any attachments is of a clearly routine and non-confidential nature, you must treat the message and any attachments to the message as confidential. If you receive an email from an IMT employee, representative or contractor and are not the intended recipient (or responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient), you must permanently delete the email and any attachments from your computer without retaining any copies thereof. If the case of misdirected emails, we ask that you also notify the sender.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact us at the address noted above or email to email@example.com. Opening of your email or contacting IMT based on this policy indicates your agreement with this policy.
This web site contains trademarks and service marks of IMT and may contain the trademarks or service marks of third parties. All third-party trademarks mentioned on this web site are the property of their respective owners.