The preferred candidate will have a technical background in Audio Visual Technologies and good customer skills. Candidates should have experience in installing audio-visual systems, including projection systems, terminating video/audio cabling and installing components such as wall plates, speakers, cameras and displays. Ability to trouble-shoot basic audio, video, and control system problems is a requirement along with formalized certifications on major bands of audio visual systems and components. Related experience in similar industries will be considered. The successful candidate must be hard working, computer proficient, valid drivers license (maintain a clean driving record) and be a real team player. On the job and formal training will be a great benefit offered to successful candidate for this position. Candidate should be able to read and understand AV Flow Diagrams produced by engineering in order to wire, terminate and build AV systems in the field.
- Ability to think & work independently and meet necessary deadlines.
- Effective problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Strong customer service skills; friendly, approachable and motivated with a strong work ethic and high degree of integrity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good computer skills; must have some experience with Visio, CAD, Word & Excel.
- Basic electronics and/or audio/video knowledge is helpful.
- Must possess a valid Drivers License; have and continue to maintain a safe driving record.
- High energy, being resourceful, and strong multi-tasking skills.
- Willingness to work flexible schedules including weekends, holidays and evenings.
- We prefer some education in Electronics or a related field. Excellent experiences with Audio Visual or other Electro-Mechanical installation techniques, or field servicing.
- We prefer industry certifications – CTS… or…. AMX…. or … Crestron or Extron Installation certification.
- Solid experience in Commercial Audio-Visual installations will put you at the front of the preferred line. Projectors, screens, displays, wiring, cabling, computer controls, rack-building. The entire complete AV equipment package.
- These are professional positions, for those who want to be in the professional level of the industry.
- Must be able to: use hand tools & test equipment; know how to solder & crimp connections;
- Have some hands-on experience with major brands of VTC to include Polycom, Cisco and LifeSize
- Understanding of input and outputs of each device for installation purposes
- Understanding of configuration of each system to include Network Connectivity along with basic understanding of Remote Controls of each device.
- Understanding of IP networks is a plus.